[OM] Re: OM to EOS adapter has arrived

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to EOS adapter has arrived
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 14:46:58 -0600
At 02:13 PM 09/05/2006, you wrote:

>Hi Garth,
>
>my UK address is also paypal confirmed.
>So, it's not only about the States.

Christos:

As I noted in my earlier message, there are exceptions.  But I quote
from the e-mail I received from PayPal's "customer service" when I
asked about this:

[snip]

"A Confirmed Shipping Address is either an address at which you receive your
credit card statements, and is checked by our automated system to verify
the billing address of the card, or an address that PayPal has confirmed
through an *Alternate Address Confirmation process. Also, in general, most
non-U.S. addresses cannot be confirmed at this time...  *The
Alternate Address Confirmation process is currently not available to
non-U.S. accounts."

Which is another way of saying "In general, if you're outside of the
U.S., we'd be happy to continue taking your money, but PISS OFF if
you actually want us to get off of our pasty wide arses and do
something to make your experience with us easier."

I've been using PayPal for six years with my AMEX card as the card
via which payment occurs.  The billing address is correct and matches
the address in PayPal.  AMEX, last time I checked, wasn't some
two-bit unreliable operation unheard of in the Western Hemisphere.  I
have a history at PayPal...

...but not, apparently, enough of one to actually, y'know, TRUST
me.  Just enough of one to keep processing my payments and their fees.

Garth

Bitter?  Me?