[OM] Re: Screen Profiling (was: Film Profiling)

Subject: [OM] Re: Screen Profiling (was: Film Profiling)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 21:53:25 +0100
Nils

I have used my Huey on my CRT (connected to G4) an LCD (wife's Mac
mini) and iBook screen.  Having calibrated the screens I have
disconnected the Huey.  As far as I can make out there is no ICC
profiling, although you end up with a monitor profile in the Displays
part of System Preferences.

The difference is noticeable: the CRT monitor looked less contrasty
after the calibration, but I can see the full range of a tone strip now.

I don't have the room lighting setting activated, mainly because I
can control the lighting in the room for the CRT and the LCD.

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.