[OM] Budget Battles and Willful Submission

Subject: [OM] Budget Battles and Willful Submission
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:03:45 -0700 (PDT)
Well, it happens once in a while.  I'm just thankful that there
isn't any new E-x out there demanding a month of paychecks.

My wife and I both have "business interests" that absorb all
dollars not previously claimed. Usually we do a good job of
alternating on major purchases.  This year is getting
increasingly out of balance.  I'd grouse, except that most of
the purchases involve my second love of professional audio and
post-production.

We weren't planning on getting it the other day--honest.  But
once in a while a deal comes your way on something that you
actually need anyway that you can't pass it up.  Oh, well. There
goes the new DSLR.  But I did gain a fancy digital mixer and
non-linear multi-tracking system. :)  Just in time too, we're
whipping out a CD project right now that the WAVES plug in
(anybody ever notice that the WAVES logo looks like the 4/3
logo?) is giving me some much needed features.

Well, we still need to spend thousands yet this year.  :(  But
at least I'll be up to my toenails (I dive in head first) in A/V
technology.

The sad part, is that I get a time budget battle going too.
Other than some snapshots and work pictures, I haven't picked up
a camera in almost two weeks (when I shot several thousand
pics).

I'll be sure to post a picture on my website of the new toys.
I've been thinking about a particular composition.  It's
"Yam*aha Central" around our house right now.  The living room
is now functioning as a recording studio.  I'm sure there are a
couple of you that can relate.  As soon as this CD project is
wrapped up we've got to prep for the production of a live
recording (video and audio) next month.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com