[OM] Re: OM to EOS adapter has arrived

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to EOS adapter has arrived
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 22:24:06 +0100
On 5/9/06, Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 02:13 PM 09/05/2006, you wrote:
>

> "A Confirmed Shipping Address is either an address at which you receive
> your
> credit card statements, and is checked by our automated system to verify
> the billing address of the card, or an address that PayPal has confirmed
> through an *Alternate Address Confirmation process. Also, in general, most
> non-U.S. addresses cannot be confirmed at this time...  *The
> Alternate Address Confirmation process is currently not available to
> non-U.S. accounts."
>
> Which is another way of saying "In general, if you're outside of the
> U.S., we'd be happy to continue taking your money, but PISS OFF if
> you actually want us to get off of our pasty wide arses and do
> something to make your experience with us easier."
>
> I've been using PayPal for six years with my AMEX card as the card
> via which payment occurs.  The billing address is correct and matches
> the address in PayPal.  AMEX, last time I checked, wasn't some
> two-bit unreliable operation unheard of in the Western Hemisphere.  I
> have a history at PayPal...
>
> ...but not, apparently, enough of one to actually, y'know, TRUST
> me.  Just enough of one to keep processing my payments and their fees.
>

> Garth
>
> Bitter?  Me?

Hey Garth,

I understand your anger, but this is how the 'western-market' works at the
moment. It has nothing really to do with loyalty, you or the Chinese guy
(Although, in some sense, you could immigrate country and he could go
without the guarantee of confirmed address).

Basically, the bank system of which Paypal is part has developed and is
interlinked within these countries, mainly US and Britain, and their
respective economies -especially in terms of growing regulatory processes.

It will become more 'inclusionary' (and exclusionary to others at the same
time!) as capitalist enterprise expands globally, yet it requires the
regulation of the new markets, which has not been achieved (or strategically
rationalised as worthy) at the moment.

And I'm sure it is interested in the future to include you and many 'new
customers' living in a capitalist-type economies, in a more integrated and
controlled system -if can achieve it, because its motive is solely to make
new profit.

Well... as concerns your valid anger, I'm with you.. But, in the meanwhile,
just see if the seller could accept your guarantees of a different system,
find a different seller, or a friend with a confirmed address :-)

Christos

(ps: oh yes.. and when you get the chance -e.g. having a choice to move your
account to a better system etc- then don't forget to show to those companies
what you think of them and their exclusionary service.. )