[OM] Software piracy. Boo-hoo-hoo.

Subject: [OM] Software piracy. Boo-hoo-hoo.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:18:22 +0000
I know, from previous rants and rages, that some folks here are really touchy
on the subject of software piracy.  Some of us who have wasted money on and
been ripped of by crappy software aren't nearly as concerned.  Revenge, besides
being a dish best served cold, is also sweet.

But, anyway, my son, at the obviously immature and judgmentally impaired age of
41, has switched to the Mac side, and, therefore, had to buy Photoshop CS all
over again.  Yesterday, he gave me his PC copy, which I have now installed on
my new super Dell.  So, does that make me a pirate?  The recipient of a
legitimate gift?  Just part of the family?  A legal Photoshop user?  An asshole?

Don't answer that last one.  But should I try to register and/or download
updates?  If they come for me, may I shoot them before they kick in the front
door, or do I have to wait until they're inside?

This thing looks too complicated for the simple-minded, anyway.  Too many bells
and whistles that, like stems and seeds, are things that I don't need.  I have
managed to move the scratch files to D, though.  Am I zooming up the learning
curve, or what?

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from