[OM] Re: Software piracy. Boo-hoo-hoo.

Subject: [OM] Re: Software piracy. Boo-hoo-hoo.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:13:20 +0000
Oh, I had sweet revenge.  I was making a quick up-and-back trip from Atlanta to
Knoxville yesterday so we could consummate a deal we had cooking, and since I'm
now in possession of the Odyssey camera, I hauled it along, though to no avail,
since I didn't really get a chance to use it.  Anyway, after he coerced and
forced me into handling and peeking though the viewfinder of this gigantic
Nikon thing, when we got back out to the driveway, since I was getting ready to
head back home, I handed him the old OM-1n, with attached 35-80/2.8 Zuiko, and
invited him to remind himself what a real viewfinder looked like.

He damn near dropped it!  I was about to lunge forward to catch it, as his head
jerked backwards and he thrust the camera away from his face as if it has
caused and electric shock.  But then he brought it back to his eye, slowly
panned left, right, up, down, then focused on my smirking face.

He's old enough to remember.  He just forgets.  And I'm proud of him, 'cause he
was man enough to say, "Damn!  I sure wish I could see that through my Nikon
viewfinder."

And I wish I could see that in my E-1 viewfinder, too.  But, what the hell!
It's progress, I suppose.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from