[OM] Re: Absolutely OT - Interesting video of multiple kites being flown

Subject: [OM] Re: Absolutely OT - Interesting video of multiple kites being flown
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:59:37 -0600
> This is totally off topic and some (perhaps many) will enjoy seeing a world
> champion in action.  _www.kitelife.com/videos/demo/bethell_promo.htm_
> (http://www.kitelife.com/videos/demo/bethell_promo.htm) .   Do not waste your
> time
> opening this file unless you think the subject line would  be of interest to
> you.

  It's impressive watching him in person -- he's the most
carved-out-of-oak guy I've ever seen, what with standing out in the sun
and wind bare-chested for decades and all. It also blows me away how
variable the wind can be and not affect him -- I have different kites
for different levels of wind, he just digs his heels in..

 >In one frame it looks like one set of control lines is
 >coming from his mouth and in another it looks like they are coming from
 >his crotch. More detail about the "third hand" technique might be
 >interesting.

  He's got a control bar in each hand with a line coming from each end
of it, and the third one is from a pair of lines attached to the sides
of his belt.

  For a different sort of kite flying:

http://www.khite.org/khite/Views/Video/deepspace.avi (19meg)

  -- dan