[OM] Re: [lens] Re: Semi-OT : Binding on Filters

Subject: [OM] Re: [lens] Re: Semi-OT : Binding on Filters
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 01:20:27 -0400
There are filter wrenches that fit round the filter, like an oil filter wrench
but lots smaller.
Or push into some soft wood or rubber on wood, push just hard enuff that it
doesn't slip, and turn.

tOM

On Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 17:14,
Moose <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Piers Hemy wrote:
> > If you are talking about preventive measures, despite Moose's (I think it
> > was you!) well-reasoned doubts, I had success with some PTFE tape. A bit
> > fiddly to fit on the filter, but it now runs as smooth as silk.
> >
> Heaven knows what I may have said. I'm sure the warranty on it has run
> out by now. :-)
> > If you are talking about after-the-event aids, try NOT to squeeze either
> > adapter or filter from the sides - better to sandwich between two sheets of
> > rubber and press along the axis.  Squeezing from the sides tends to push
> > them out of round, creating a bigger problem.
> So far, I've never needed anything more than he above advice. Care,
> patience and don't squeeze have always done the job so far.
>
> Moose

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714         +1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </      This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
 (`-/---/-')            a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~  to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle