[OM] Re: Dumb as dirt, smart like a fox

Subject: [OM] Re: Dumb as dirt, smart like a fox
From: "Matthew Bristol" <bristolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:33:07 -0500
That was good for a chuckle!

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Walt Wayman
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:09 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] Dumb as dirt, smart like a fox

Dumb: I've already managed to lose the lens cap for the 50/2 DZ macro.
Smart: When I ordered the lens, I also ordered a spare lens cap.

Dumb: I just bought a 20gb card reader/flash-HD.  I stuck the CD it came
with in the computer to install the driver.  There was no XP choice,
just Windows 98, 2000, or ME.  Eenie, meenie, minee, moe, and I picked
2000.  After installing it and restarting the computer, I got the blue
screen of death.
Smart: I've learned to always set a restore point before installing new
software.  While using the "way back machine" to put the computer back
to 10 minutes earlier, it dawned on me that I don't need to install no
stinking driver with XP.  Once we went back the 10 minutes, the thing
"plugged and played" perfectly.

Dumb: I took the 1gb CF card out of the E-330 to see how long it would
take to download the 40 or so RAW files thereon.  The device recognized
the card, but when I pushed the button to download, nothing happened.  I
fumed and cussed and threatned to throw it across the room.
Half smart: After calming down and putting the thing aside to deal with
later, I remembered that I had downloaded all the files last week and
erased the card.  Duh and double duh!

Smart: Since I'm having this kind of day, I'm going to do nothing more
complicated than drink beer, feed myself carefully, and maybe watch TV.
Dumb: Watching daytime TV.

Walt, the moron of the day

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from