[OM] Re: Absolutely OT - Interesting video of multiple kites being flown

Subject: [OM] Re: Absolutely OT - Interesting video of multiple kites being flown
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:55:08 -0700 (PDT)
> Anybody remember Peter Powell?

Those stacks of diamonds twirling through the air were rather
good at attracting people, but I never did care for those style
kites unless I wanted to lay back on the ground and relax.

My first one was this delta winged jobby that looked like a
minature hang-glider. In higher winds, the fiberglass rods would
bend like crazy and the cross brace would form an "S" shape.  If
you were flying in galeforce winds it was almost folded up and
went lickity split.  I killed it doing a nose-dive into the
water while flying it from my Hoby Cat.

I got one serious kite (finally shredded it two years ago) that
had a 9-foot wing-span.  Can't think of the brand/model at this
moment, but it was one very LOUD kite.  You could hear it a long
ways away.  Tracked straight like a Hawaiian and turned sharper
than the Spinoff.  I did buy a couple Hawaiians and three
Spinoffs of various formats.  This led from one thing to another
and eventually I had a pickup truck full of ripstop.

One of my favorite kites was a 4-foot Flexifoil. I would fly it
whenever the winds got REALLY strong. It moved so fast you
couldn't even figure out which way it was pointed.

A zillion kites later, and my most prized ones remain my two
Hawaiians. Most beautiful stunt kites ever made... :)  The
Hawaiian is the OM-2n of the kite world.

See?  On topic!

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com