[OM] Re: Black M-1!

Subject: [OM] Re: Black M-1!
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:13:08 -0400
At 12:10 PM 05/11/2006 -0500, Philippe Le Zuikomane wrote:

>Would the most knowledgeable list members please weigh in on authenticity?
>
>Phil

I wish we could see if it had slotted screws in the lens mount and if the
prism foam has rotted and destroyed the prism.  Mark makes good points (we
all know how fast the black paint on an OM body wears off) - something
seems just a little fishy.  For the US$4,000-$5,000 this would cost to buy,
it would be nice to know more about it.  For example - why hasn't the
never-ready case bottom worn the black paint off the hinge?  Gee, and not
even an original M-SYSTEM lens cap.

Steve Troy