[OM] Infrared with OM-1

Subject: [OM] Infrared with OM-1
From: "Rick Reed" <rick.reed@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:51:24 -0400
Good afternoon list members,

Time to stop lurking and introduce myself, along with a question.

I've been using an OM-1 as my learning to photograph (as opposed to taking
"happy snaps") camera for the last few months.  Wonderful camera, wonderful
lenses, and an excellent instrument to get down to the basics of
photography.  I've been taking a basic B&W night school course for the last
6 months.  Developing, printing etc.

I'd like to try some Kodak infrared B&W film (the HIE film, high speed
infrared), and would like to know if any list members have any experience
with this combination, and any advice.  I'll be using a red #25 filter for
most of it to bring out the contrast, and likely using one of (or several
of) the following lenses: 24/2.8, 35/2.0, 50/1.4 100/2.8 200/4, all zuiko.

All hints tips and suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Rick