[OM] Re: Yabe question.

Subject: [OM] Re: Yabe question.
From: "Piers Hemy" <Piers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 20:21:56 +0100
I can't imagine what kind of defect it could be, Ali but I can imagine such
an effect caused by a partial dark background.  I don't think it is anything
to be concerned about at this stage - you bought it already, why not wait
until you have it in your hands to check it thoroughly?

In my experience the Tamron 90/2.5 is an excellent lens, even at twice the
price you paid, and preferable to the Zuiko 90/2 to my mind (ignoring the
fact that it costs eight times what you paid for the Tamron).

Would I choose it over the ZD 35 Macro (if I had an E body)?  They are
different beasts with different strengths, but in light of the test shots
posted last month showing what looks to be reflections of the rear element
off the sensor, I probably would not choose it over the ZD.  But I think you
have to put that answer into the persepctive of what you bought, for the
price you paid.  To my mind you got a bargain, and even if the seller
doesn't take the view that it's a bit late to be asking questions, I do!

HTH :-)

Piers