[OM] Re: Yabe question.

Subject: [OM] Re: Yabe question.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:53:09 -0700
ALI wrote:
> I won the auction for Item # 7614926973 on the Eb*y. One of the photo's of the
> lens concerns me...the one with the lens pointing up and that black/dark cast
> over the front element. Not sure if that is just lighting or some type of
> defect. I have emailed the seller a few times but have not received a single
> reply back.

Looks like a shadow. If it arrives with a defect, you return it,
otherwise, you keep it. Nothing to worry about until it arrives.

By the way, the specs posted on the listing are slightly off. The lens
shown in the pics is a Model 52B and the specs are for a 52BB. As far as
I know, the differences are purely cosmetic, a restyling when Tamron
changed the look of the SP line. The only substantive difference is that
the one you are receiving takes 49mm filters, not 55mm.

It's really a wonderful lens, very sharp, flat field.

Moose