[OM] Re: e-300 manual focus

Subject: [OM] Re: e-300 manual focus
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:05:50 -0700
Someone in the last month or two posted a link showing a larger focus screen
being cut to fit an E-Camera. I believe that was the same link that showed
the mechanism holding the screen in place on the E-300. IIRC the E-300 has a
tab on two sides whereas the E-1 has a single tab. It looked like the E-300
screen could be replaced by those with good eyes, a reasonably clean work
area, and a lot of patience.

A couple people on the list (perhaps C.H.Ling being one) have adapted other
mfg screens to OM cameras. I don't remember if it was M*nolta or C*non but I
believe one of them had a split image screen that didn't darken at higher f
stops.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Jerry Liles <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>

A good focusing screen interests me a lot.  I want to use my e 500 on my
Olympus microscope and the original equipment screen just won't be
satisfactory even with a Varimagni.  I'm considering getting an e-1 body
since it has interchangeable screens and using it.  The resolution
should be adequate, at least the surgeons won't notice the difference.
Any comments?
Jerry Liles