[OM] Re: Trafalgar Pigeons (Mostly OT), was #091

Subject: [OM] Re: Trafalgar Pigeons (Mostly OT), was #091
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 17:41:30 +0000
Question: When is a monopod not a monopod?
Answer: When it's a walking stick.

My monopod is a Stoney Point hiking stick, and surely even the most heartless
and by-the-book policing officer wouldn't deny a poor, feeble pedestrian the
use of a perambulatory aid.  After all, surely it would be considered unseemly
to have tourists wandering about unsteadily and teetering over in the street
unbidden and without cause.  Whether or not there might be a camera attached to
the top of the pole shouldn't make any difference.  :-)

Don't forget to limp and look frail if you see them coming.  Pretending to not
understand English might help, too.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from