[OM] Re: More digital C*non insanity

Subject: [OM] Re: More digital C*non insanity
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 12:26:37 -0700
Jeff Keller wrote:
> A Tamron Adaptall for EOS at a can't resist BIN of $229.95
>
> 7616479689
>
> I sold one a couple years ago. It only went for about $50 or maybe $60.
> Lately there has been a seller listing one for $100 pretty regularly. Most
> recently a Chinese knockoff has been appearing for about $30.

Well, fools and their money redistribution schemes.....

Mounting Adaptall lenses on EOS is cheap and easy, you just have to
combine two adapters.

For us OMers with OM adaptall2 mounts, it requires only the addition of
an OM=>EOS adapter, available for about $30 on the 'Bay. Adapts both our
fixed OM mount and Adaptall lenses.

Since there are many adapters from various old MF mounts for EOS, there
are several other combinations that should do the job.

The other one I have tried with success is an Adaptall2 M42 mount and
M42=>EOS adapter. The only special requirements there are that the
M42=>EOS must have the little lip at the back to operate the aperture
stop-down pin on the Adaptall mount and it may be necessary to put tape
on the back of the M42=>EOS mount to prevent shorting pins on the camera
body. More trouble really than the OM mount solution, but it works.

Moose