[OM] Re: OT - energy efficient cars

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - energy efficient cars
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:00:53 -0700
Checking the Car and Driver article again, I got it wrong. The diesel
topped at 42mpg and the hybrids were much better. As for batteries I
saw a statement that some of the early Prius models have over 250,000
miles and the batteries were still functioning just fine. 130k miles
is about as long as I have ever kept a car before I wanted something
new.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/8427/the-frugalympics.html

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA