[OM] Re: OM1 light meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1 light meter
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:22:37 -0400
I often hear the funny comment "when you convert it to silver oxide,
will the battery last 10 years like my PX-13?"  Those are usually the
cameras that have wet battery boxes and corrosion that has flowed
through the wire right up to the circuit board.
The stainless steel battery contact is very hard to solder.  One thing
that helps is to buff the solder area with 400 grit sand paper, and use
a tiny dab of soldering paste.
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net