[OM] Re: Spent time with the Dark Side

Subject: [OM] Re: Spent time with the Dark Side
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:20:11 +1000
Agree to some extent. I really liked the D200 in the hand - but I
couldn't seem to find the thumbwheel! :)
The 5D tends to leave the little finger swinging - so get the grip.
In fact, it really is designed to be used with the grip. And the grip
takes an (included) 6xAA holder, something I'm almost as fetishistic
about as you are with ergonomics. I'll be heading for the desert in a
month or so and there's a shortage of power points out there. Even
though I do have a car charger for the Canon batteries, I like the
extra option.
When I was introduced to the E-330 by the nice guys at OlyOz, special
mention was made of the fact that the grip seats all four fingers of
the right hand - one of the things I liked.
'On the other hand' Canon is ahead of the pack on smaller camera
design IMHO. A superzoom like the S2 IS (S3 now?) has a much nicer
feel than the competition and most of them feel more robust than the
pack.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx