[OM] Re: Polling the experts

Subject: [OM] Re: Polling the experts
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:41:04 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/2006 3:41:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
usher99@xxxxxxx writes:

Found a  very nice Tamron 300 f2.8 FS with 2X TC.  Wonder if it's preferable
to  hold out for a 400 f4 and use a 1.4X for about the same
reach---critters/horses during Hunt etc.

Well, you know you need both.  Each, as you know are heavy lenses and  are
best used with a tripod.  I use both and have used the 400mm f4 with  the 2X on
both my OM and e-1.  Buy which ever one comes to you at the  "right" price and
then decide if you want or need the other.   I imagine with the 300mm you
will find yourself using the teleconverters  and you may also find yourself
enjoying its speed.  As I said, you need  both.  <[8^)  Bill Barber