[OM] Re: Little Paris gallery ; OM-1, FP4+

Subject: [OM] Re: Little Paris gallery ; OM-1, FP4+
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 01:58:54 -0700
Manuel Viet wrote:
> Le lundi 15 Mai 2006 06:52, Moose a écrit :
>
>> Just to give you something to shoot for and, if you get that scanning
>> working properly, surpass
>> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/VietParis/cdevaux.htm>.
>>

> Very nice work ; I didn't wanted to go that far, but that's because I
> remember
> the day I took the picture was really sunny, hence I kept the "washed out"
> background.
Well, I wasn't there, of course - too bad.  :-)   One of the main things
that I didn't lie about my first effort was the featureless gray of the
leaves in the tree. I was pleased to get soe toanl detail and texture in
there.

There is also a matter of taste here. There are simply different ideas
about what looks "good" or "right" in a photo. I tend toward a rich
depth of tones in the middle and lower tonal range. Others prefer a
"higher key" photo. Anyway, I'll stop messing about with this one. ;-)
> But of course your correction looks more balanced and natural.
That's how it seems to me, but //chacun à son goût.
> Well, now, I've firmer basis to progress ; thank you very much.
You are very welcome and have fun. I'm looking forward to more of the
new gallery.

Moose