[OM] Re: #096 (the english summer)

Subject: [OM] Re: #096 (the english summer)
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:36:23 +0100
Oh, talkin' about the wonderful english summer... and I admit it's such a
special time of the year.. So much desired -almost idealised I'd say-
throughout the year...

Well, my housemates believe the wonderful engilsh summer was last weekend
but I'm sure they're wrong!..

Yes I know, it was really hot (well.. 27C) and now cloudy, rainy and
sometimes cold again... during the same day.. but I told them:... Don't let
this fool you! Summer is yet to come and will last at least a week!

Although I know.. So often you realise that it's gone (and that you missed
it)  by bumping at that the shops's windows advertising the 'summer sales'
in mid-July...

To paraphrase Gandhi's well-pointed remark about the western civilisation:
Oh the wonderful english summer!..  That WOULD be a nice idea...

And seriously now, I do love it!...  :-)
But we talk about the real meaning of that beautiful greek word: Ephemeral
Really: Photographs don't say anything about it...

best regards
Christos