[OM] Re: Hello, my name is Paul, and I think I'm stupid.

Subject: [OM] Re: Hello, my name is Paul, and I think I'm stupid.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 22:15:49 -0400
Buy a Sunpak 422D for $30-40 with either the standard foot or an OT-1D
foot for OM's.  It has tilt and swivel and with either foot it offers
normal auto mode and also manual control down to 1/16 power.  With the
OT-1D foot it will also do TTL on the OM's.  Almost as much power as a T-32.

For $15 you could also get a Vivitar 550 FD which is quite compact.  It
has bounce and auto modes and will do TTL on the OM's.  It has a
plethora of pins on the foot since it also supports Pentax and Minolta
TTL.  Manual is like the F-280.  You only get full power.

This stuff works even better with digital cameras than it did with the
20 year old film cameras it was designed for.  Pop off a guesstimated
exposure, do a bit of chimping, adjust and you're cooking with gas.

Chuck Norcutt