[OM] Re: Hello, my name is Paul, and I think I'm stupid.

Subject: [OM] Re: Hello, my name is Paul, and I think I'm stupid.
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:25:37 +0200
I think for general use the onboard graphic's will be fine, Having it
separate in the original mac mini was advertised at gamers, I believe
apple has also  limited the memory it can "steal" to 64Mb.

I have replaced the standard 16mb card in my g4 with a 128mb 3d graphics
card, it has made no difference to general performance especially photo
work, what it did do was allow me to run some games at high resolution
but to be honest I only did this to see if it would and since in day to
day work I see no benefit apart from the fact that it is core image
enabled (not worth much really at the moment) but the macbook graphics
is also core enabled.

The macbook (according to the site) also supports large external
displays (problem with my old ibook even with the hack) so I would say
unless you play games or edit movies it won't make too much difference.

IanW