[OM] Re: OT - Peaceful 5D arrival, was: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Peaceful 5D arrival, was: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout,
From: paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:10:24 +0100
Moose wrote:

>So the dilemma was about significantly increased rez, bigger viewfinder,
>real WA with lenses I already have (including some of the Zuikos that
>the Canon FF folks love), etc. of the 5D vs. just a bit more rez and the
>same 1.6x factor in a 30D. With much the same thinking about the right
>long term choice that AG posted about, I really thought the higher cost
>of the 5D would be a better deal for me in the long run.

Moose, I'd be interested in how you find the OM WA lenses work out on
the 5D. My widest OM lens is a 24mm f/2.8 and I've found it is quite
usable on a 5D stepped down a bit, or even wide open with some judicious
use of the vignetting tools in Photoshop. I know the 21mm is held in
high regard amongst some 5D shooters, though I've not come across one
myself yet that justified the price tag.

Paul

btw - here was my first attempt at using the OM 24mm on a 5D. Not great,
but I'm still learning how to get the best out of the combo (exposure
compensation can be rather erratic depending on aperture).

http://static.flickr.com/53/145244495_ba449d2370_o.jpg