[OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:27:18 -0500
Chuck,
        I'm not sure it will make you feel any better, but perhaps this
story will put your experience in perspective.
        This story may be apocryphal but I was told a story of a fellow
who made a trip to a U*S distribution center that takes in tens of
thousands of packages a day and mechanically redistributes them all over
the globe. He describes a series of tiered moving conveyors, each of
which directs packages to a different sorting area. All the boxes come
in at the top, their UPC's scanned, then a servo kicks the box to a
different level depending on it ultimate destination. He describes some
of the boxes as making as much as a ten foot fall! It's a wonder
anything short of a brick makes it intact.
        So it would seen that the little tumble in you yard's verdant
but soggy pasture was but a roll in the hay as a welcome home.

Charlie