[OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 16:51:02 +0000
I was a news photographer for several years, two of which were in Vietnam, in
'66 and '67.  I was shooting while being shot at more than once.  Stressful?
Yeah.

I have in my entire lifetime shot only two weddings, one a small, quickie
ceremony in an Air Force base chapel for a friend, the other a formal church
wedding of a female first cousin.  Even the little chapel wedding was more
nerve-wracking than anything I did in 'Nam, and thinking back to the church
wedding, even now, 40 years hence, makes my hands shake and causes me to break
out in a cold sweat.

I would stick up convenience stores or just starve to death before I'd shoot
weddings for a living.  You have my complete admiration.  Anyone who can take
that kind of stress is more than bulletproof.  I would recommend any of you who
do weddings for a post with Homeland Security.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --