[OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 16:30:45 -0700
Wayne S wrote:
> What, I go away for a little bit and people are heading for
> the Dark side. What's going on here. I thought I was out of
> place with my 5D and pictures,
Less and less.....
> you can't play in the tope sandbox,
Of course you can. just as TOPE always allowed shots with OMs and other
brand lenses, it allows shots with Zuikos on other bodies. We've already
had a couple, I think.
> .... so what's up???
Same things that sucked you in, I suspect.
> Don't complain if you get carpal tunnel syndrome
Just mounted a grip strap on it; don't know yet how I will like it.
> and have to learn to wipe a sensor now and then.

Oh, well, everything has it's price. Already bought a SensorKlear pen
and a Rocket blower.
> I heard a whimper in the dry box and pulled the om4t out, man
> is that a small camera with a big view.
Yup, I've got an OM-4 sitting here on the desk next to the 5D. Quite a
contrast!
> I almost forgot. I bought
> a OM-EOS adapter for $19.95 + $10 off *bay and wanted to check
> the lenses. Other than some exposure variation and having
> to tweak the aperture ring...and I almost forgot about the aperture
> ring and kept reaching for the finger wheel.
I've just been doing some flower close-ups with 50/3.5 and Kiron
105/2.8. Not sure what I'm not doing right, but I'm having more trouble
getting what I want than I did with the 300D.

Moose