[OM] Re: Semi OT: Cokin Polarizer

Subject: [OM] Re: Semi OT: Cokin Polarizer
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 21:01:47 -0700
Jez,
Which lens did you have this on?  The 28-90 or the 19-35?

I've used the shaved down holder on the 19-35 with a Hitec gradual ND with a
kludged mechanism to hold it onto the lens since I didn't have the 77mm
adapter.  It worked OK.

It's the 28-90 lens that I am concerned with.  As I stated, vignette is the
watchword with this lens at the wide end.  I even get problems using a
Tamron hood for my 17mm on this lens.  Eyeballing things through my OM1
seems to have me thinking that the 28-90 will see vignetting before the
19-35.  Go figure.

Jay

I had that lens and used a Cokin P circular polarizer.  The standard holder
vignetted but I cut off all but one slot and it was ok.
br
jez

On 5/18/06, Jay Drew <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone with opinions on the Cokin Polarizer (circular).  I'd have posted
> the 35mm newsgroups but I don't have asbestos underwear for the flames
> that
> would result.  This is a more civilized audience.
>
> The target lenses are Vivitar 19-35 and Vivitar Series 1 28-90.  I like
> the> 28-90 but it vignettes at the slightest provocation at the wide end.

<SNIP>

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets