[OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:40:49 -0400
At 04:49 AM 5/20/2006, Moose wrote:
>AG Schnozz wrote:
>> I'm resisting, really I am.  'course, come September I'll either
>> be a totally died-in-the-wool Olympoid or I'll be glueing a
>> little thumb-groovy-thing on the back of a 5D of my very own.
>>
>> AG-must resist-Schnozz
>>
>Have you noticed that the Mode dial on the 5D is a silvernose?

Which reminds me. One more gripe with the 5D versus the E1.
The E1 has a lock button on the mode dial, while the 5D
does not, which I hate as the mode dial always gets bumped
pulling the camera out of the bag. It is amazing how some
simple details like that make a real difference. For the cost
you would think a little lock button could be added. I have
lost shots because the camera switched to P mode and the
DOF got lost before I had a chance to figure it out.

http://www.zuik.net/om/p_MG_6660.jpg

I couldn't figure out why my aperture kept changing itself back
to F/4 until it was too late.

WayneS