[OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 14:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
> Have you noticed that the Mode dial on the 5D is a silvernose?

Yeah, I'm hoping they can get back around to building a real
"chromed" body like a OM-1/2.  Maybe the Leica 4/3 will have
some class.

As to the mode-dial lock button, this is actually a pretty
serious issue.  I did notice that the 5D seems to have a looser
mode dial than I'm used to even as compared to my A1.  I dislike
having the mode change on me inadvertantly.

At this point, I'm thinking that a 1DS of some form probably
will end up haunting my camera bag. Fortunately, I'm not in any
hurry.  We've got about $70k to spend on other things first.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com