[OM] Hmm, that focus thing seems to work better & a couple of websites.

Subject: [OM] Hmm, that focus thing seems to work better & a couple of websites. Worth a read!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 20:27:32 EDT
Just a couple of random comments on information which has come my way in  the
past week or so.

My e-1 was sent to Olympus for a check up and cleaning which was provided
under an extended warranty I purchased from them.  They were to clean it  and
check its functions.  When I sent it in I did mention that the focus  did not
work so great.  What they did was replace the shutter release  button, the
rubber grips and got it all cleaned up including the  Katz eye  screen I had
installed which had a little piece of lint on it that I was "living  with"
because I
didn't want to risk screwing it up.  Oh, yes, the auto  focus seems to be a
working a good bit better.  I sure put up with that for  a long time, but then
those who know my work, know that focus is not always  something to which I
pay much attention.

Now a couple of web sites some may find interesting.

Many of us have children, grandchildren or are called on to photograph
children from time to time.  This past week I spent three days in a  workshop
with
17 delightful and talented young women (late 20's to late 30's)  and another
guy. The person doing the workshop, Cheryl Jacobs  (cheryljacobsworkshops.com)
did a beautiful job of teaching/demonstrating her  style on natural light B&W
children's photography and in discussing the  business of running a profitable
business.  Given that she has only been at  this a little over 5 years and is
"walking the walk" her words were indeed worth  the price of admission.  As
is often the case, the "meeting after the  meeting" generates a tremendous
amount of valuable information as photographers  talk about what they are doing
and share ideas/information.  So for any who  have an interest in children's
photography, check out _www.ilovephotography.com_
(http://www.ilovephotography.com)  which has a  bunch of information and
conversation going on about
children's photography and  links to dozens of sites/suppliers of things like
technical date, workshops,  albums, books, Photoshop plug ins and other things
such as
sunrise/sunset  data.  Check it out.  Those who venture into the site may end
up not  liking me . . . it could become addictive.

The next site is  _http://www.radiantvista.com_ (http://www.radiantvista.com)
.  Check  it out.  I'm not going to attempt to tell you all the different
stuff to be  found there, however if you either have an interest in photography
and are using  Photoshop it is more than worth a visit.  Mark S. Johnson's
eBook at $30 is  probably some of the best money I've ever spent on
photography.
The site  has a wealth of tips, techniques and information for any who are
committed  to experiencing learning and growing in their photography.

So there you go . . .   <{8^)  Bill Barber