[OM] Re: [mostly OT] I told ya I could do it better...

Subject: [OM] Re: [mostly OT] I told ya I could do it better...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 21:57:19 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Remember, I said the other day:...
>
> Well, I did.  Check out:
> <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/smith%20barn/index.htm>

Well, I can't say the perspective from above is what I'd want, but I
understand that's the decision of the couple and the lead photog.

The lighting is superb in a very difficult setting. Congrats!
> The first of the three images is one of a number of group shots.  After
> a quick review I picked this one as the sample.  I may pick another one
> later or pick several and make a composite to fix grumpy expressions,
> crying babies, etc.
>
> The second image is a 1:1 crop of a section containing bride and groom
> at the front of the group.  The third image is a 1:1 crop of some folks
> at the rear of the group.  I'm not sure of the distance. Maybe 75 feet?
>   Images 2 and 3 on your monitor are roughly the equivalent of cropped
> sections of a 32x48" print.  I didn't expect lens and camera to perform
> as well as what we see in image 3.

That sensor/processor/whatever combo is really impressive. The sense of
clarity, detail and depth in many full pixel views is amazing.

Moose