[OM] Re: First Zuiko shots on 5D - and praise for the WhiBal

Subject: [OM] Re: First Zuiko shots on 5D - and praise for the WhiBal
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:12:13 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Not only that, but with the E-1 you wouldn't have to worry about
> the stinkin rain.  Get out there and shoot!  Whadda afraid of?
> A little rain never hurt my E-1.
>
> :)

My disinclination to go out shooting had nothing to do with the issue
you raise. Plastic bag, umbrella, big hat, courage, there are plenty of
ways to shoot in the rain. And it didn't rain steadily, plenty of breaks.

My choice had much more to do with the fact that I was playing with a
new body, one of the most important attributes of which for me is
increased resolution. Shots of fog look much the same whether taken with
older tech 2mp or brand new 12mp. When it rains out of low clouds around
here, we are often, as yesterday, in the clouds.
> How does that saying go?  A camera in hand is better than two in the bag?

And better than 12 in the house? Unless, of course, one is in the house
with them...

Moose