[OM] Re: First Zuiko shots on 5D - and praise for the WhiBal

Subject: [OM] Re: First Zuiko shots on 5D - and praise for the WhiBal
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:25:12 -0700 (PDT)
> F16. The 50/3.5 stays solid through f16, and doesn't even
> decline much at f22.

Very intersting.  My 50/3.5 on the E-1 holds up extremely well
at nearly all apertures. The biggest thing I notice is loss of
contrast at the extremes.  If it's this good on the cropped 4/3
sensor, I can only imagine what it would be like on a FF digital
that doesn't need nearly as much magnification for final print
size.

BTW, last night I was shooting a scene handheld with my E-1 with
the 14-54.  It absolutely floors me how vibration-free this
camera is.  Out of about 50 pictures that were taken at twice as
slow as recommended minimum (1/60 at 60mm equiv), about 10%
showed any image degradation due to motion.  I've never, ever
used a camera as smooth as this, except for my A1.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com