[OM] Re: Webmail

Subject: [OM] Re: Webmail
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:23:33 -0700
Tom Scales wrote:
> If anyone needs an extra email address for list mail (pop3 and web access),
> I'd be happy to set one up on zuikoholic.com
>
> Seems appropriate, doesn't it :)

And very generous. I assume this is on the IDCSoft host.

Jez Cunningham wrote:
> Or if anyone needs a gmail acount, email me off list...

When I couldn't get list mail on my IDCSoft hosted account during the
flurry of trouble a while ago, I signed up with Gmail and left the other
subscription live.

When it started working again, I let them run in parallel for a while.
At first, I thought not all mail was coming through on the IDCSoft
account. Then it became clear that everything was coming through, but
that there was a considerably greater delay for many of the posts via
IDCSoft vs. Gmail.

Since the POP3 on Gmail is free, I'm continuing to use it for list mail,
and nothing else. So far, being on a major provider has resulted in only
4 spam messages, shich don't come through to my POP client,  and one
list message classified as spam - fingers crossed.

Moose