[OM] Re: Missing Digests?

Subject: [OM] Re: Missing Digests?
From: Mike Butler <om2s.usr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 19:31:17 -0700
Michael Collins wrote:

>Question, then. Is this of any value to The List, to make it available as a
>backup "just in case", and publish subscription information? Or does the
>real Digest usually resurrect itself quickly enough after a hiccup to make
>it a waste of time to subscribe to a "backup" Digest?

Michael,

Thanks for your concern, I am a Digester, and in the old days missing Digests
was like missing the morning paper.  It was the one of the things I had to do
every day to relax.  For me, since I do not own an Oly Digicam there is less to
miss when it is down.  I still miss it but as in the recent case the List
Mum(s) got it fixed quick enough for me.  However, there are likely others out
there that depend on the list as I once did. So it might be of help to others.

Thanks to Moose for the notice of a general Digest failure.  It was nice to
know it wasn't just me or my ISP that was the cause.  Is there a way to alert
all of the Digesters once a problem has been noticed, rather than leave it to
our fellow members to send out individual e-mails?

Mike Butler
Dublin, California