[OM] Re: Zuiko trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko trip
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:20:57 -0700
Hmmm ... 8 lenses between two photographers going somewhere new and exciting
...  It would be easy to leave two or three lenses in the car or hotel room
when they are going on a long walk.

I carry 4 digital Zuiko zooms pretty much everywhere I go unless I'm
planning to look for photo ops. Then the lightweight version becomes about
as much as I can stuff into a mini-trekker, which probably is at least 8
lenses but most often no flash and tripod is in my hand.

The biggest problem will be transporting the camera gear and other luggage.

In this case it looks like the Minolta user will have two Tamron zooms going
from 35-200. A good excuse to have her carry the 400/4 when you get one ;-)
The Zuiko user will have 4 lenses that reach 50mm but two are quite small
and provide special options. The Sigma 30-70 could maybe be left in the car
when one or two of the primes are carried but a mid range zoom is so nice
for quick shots.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm thinking of packing only the IS-3 and the A1. This would
give me two complete duplicate systems (one digital the other
film) that takes me from adequate wide-angle to about 200mm.
Unfortunately, neither are weatherproof and it could be monsoon
season... Ok, maybe the E-1 with the IS-3.

Back to your list?  Yikes, too much!  I'd trim half the gear
out.

AG

----Original Message Follows----
From: usher99@xxxxxxx

Off next Tuesday  to the Azores.  Four hr direct flt from Logan and quite
reasoanble. Will bring way too much gear, I think.  Will hike up Pico Mtn
with a lighter kit.
OM-2 and wife's old M*nolta to use when Velvia is in OM-2 with Tamrons.
(Will need to keep powder dry for a bit for 5D, though am monitoring each
post carefully).
http://www.pocinhobay.com/

Must bring: Z. 50-250 for hiking  (thanks Jeff)
                      50 3.5 macro and assorted macro do-dads
                       Tamron 80-200 (can I really leave it home?)
                      Tamron 35-105 on Min and Sigma 30-70
                      Zuiko  35 shift
                        Z. 50 f1.4
                      Zuiko 24/f2.8

With flash stuff/tripod  I will never fit this in  lowepro minitrekkar.  We
need to take dinky flts between islands and I hope I can carry this.  I will
be disobeying the old  adage: there are two kinds of travelers, those who
pack lightly and those wish they had.
Mike