[OM] Re: monitors

Subject: [OM] Re: monitors
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 03:48:09 -0700
John Hudson wrote:

> [...]

[...]

>> A short comment:
>> I live in the U.S. so I can verify part of what you say, at least! <g>
>>
>> I replaced a 13-year OLD Sony 27" Trinitron (CRT) which was definitely on
>> its last legs with a new flat screen Panasonic 32" LCD.
>> At the same time, I signed up to receive Hi-Definition reception, via
>> satellite.
>> We are extremely satisfied with the doubling of the resolution given by HD
>> television. It's a whole new world of viewing!

> but do football field sized flat screens improve the inherent quality of
> programming or do they just provide more canvas for the banality of 99.9% of
> US television output?

Oh dear me! I'd rather not get started on the wasteland called commercial
television!
Your comment is accurate, as far as I'm concerned.

If I plan to watch any television at all, regardless of the source, I like to
have the "canvas" as you call it, be as user-friendly as possible. Within the
limits previously mentioned...

keith