[OM] Re: New photo essay posted

Subject: [OM] Re: New photo essay posted
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 07:23:22 -0700 (PDT)
Moose wrote:
> I've been wondering why this nice essay doesn't hold my
> attention very well, my eyes sort of wandering about, instead
> of staying on task.

One thing wrong with it is a lack of "white space". Another is
the fact that some of the pictures are disjointed from the
portion of the text describing them. Both issues will be
corrected when I acquire another Round Tuit.

> I'm thinking it's because the images are too flat, not
> interesting enough to be, at some non-intellectual level,
> worth reading about.

Possible. None of the photos are particularily strong--either in
composition nor in contrast. This is possibly due to several
reasons:  Mood at the time of photographing--it was family time,
not "me" time. When converting the images, I didn't want the
images to be particularily "loud". This was my interpretation of
the scene. I was more inspired to write about what I saw and
felt and the photos were secondary.

> I hope you will take this as constructive commentary, letting
> you into the head of an occasional picture book buyer who
> saves old calendars and sometimes pulls them out just to look
> at the pictures.

Hey, I appreciate that. These pictures really weren't meant to
be "pretty". I actually had some pictures in there that were and
I had to remove them because they fought the text too much.

> I tried it out on 3 of them, and I, at least, am more
> attracted to punchier pics
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/KillDuffWeb/>.

Well...

AG