[OM] Re: #100 (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: #100 (OT)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:51:44 +1000
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> By definition, nothing feral is endangered.
> The place mentioned, Noosa heads, is a habitat where the once
> domesticated yuppie can return entirely to the wild, paying
> exorbitant prices to sip chai latte and eat precious little artworks
> in a quaintly restructured setting. They teem and breed there
> and its only redeeming feature is that it keeps them away from the
> rest of us and, mercifully, reduces their impact on the the rest
> of the environment.

Andrew, mate, don't fight it. You're Victorian, you're a retiree;
it's inevitable that you and the missus'll soon be Noosa Heads
"locals", power-walking in matching lycra bike shorts of a morning,
up to Hastings Street and "Aromas" for your morning chai and "bus
stop", complaining about all the damn tourists, then making your
protest by heading through the National Park and over to an
A' Bay as bereft of the trappings of tourism as you'll be bereft
of all trappings and tan-lines ("Won't someone *please* think of
the children!" <g>).

C'mon, admit it. It's a pretty beautiful place, if only there
wasn't so many damn people (but, hey, that's pretty much my
general approach to life). I shamefacedly admit that, in a few
years, this limp-wristed latte-sucking lad from the Eastern
Suburbs and the "golden mile" will probably be semi-retiring up
that way. Might even get married on Little Cove beach. ;-)

You're right though - the "chai lattes" do royally suck.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz