[OM] Re: (OT?) Back From Southwest Trip

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT?) Back From Southwest Trip
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 13:46:43 -0700
Not sure I would agree with the earned stereotype part. I have been
treated rudely and been cheated in other states and I am a pretty low
profile guy in person. Montana relatives tell me I need to park my
car with California plates out of sight and shrug it off as normal
local behavior. For things like car service there is the local price
and the exorbitant California price.  I have also been given similar
advice in Washington state, although I have never had a problem
there.  A writer I enjoy and who lives near Taos, New Mexico jokes
that the main industry there is cheating tourists and retirees. So
should I make jokes about rudeness, dishonest treatment, and bigotry
of people who live in other states? Don't think so. They might lose
their sense of humor. Hmm.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA