[OM] Re: I think the monitor transition has occured

Subject: [OM] Re: I think the monitor transition has occured
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 14:30:45 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Nevertheless, I don't think this is enough to tell if it's calibrated or not
> since all these are internal measures and don't provide feedback to the OS
> regarding how does the screen look like.
> So, how does one know when a monitor is calibrated ?

I tried all sorts of things, mostly sites with various sorts of displays
to be observed while twiddling the monitor controls.

I eventually broke down and bought a calibration hardware/software
combination where the "puck" rests against the screen to give an
unbiased reading of brightness and color. Not only did the result differ
from what I had come up with the  other ways, it was clearly more
realistic to my eyes than before.

I don't think there is any good solution that doesn't involve a piece of
hardware to read the screen.

Moose