[OM] Re: Scenic New England and PTLens [was, New photo essay posted]

Subject: [OM] Re: Scenic New England and PTLens [was, New photo essay posted]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:10:44 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks for checking out LensDoc.  I would not have got to it for months. It
> is not really satisfactory that it really can't be evaluated with the Demo.
> I e-mailed their tech support to see if there is any remedy.  I had actually
> called them a few months ago and they were quite responsive---we'll see.
> Maybe I'm lazy or time pressured or both, though it would be nice to have a
> macro for a lens/body combo  to fix the linear distortion and just run it w/o
> any further fussing.  It appears ImageAllign requires a bit of playing with
> each image.

ImageAlign makes a big deal out of the ability to use the same
parameters for many images taken in the same situation, so I think you
can save them. Their primary focus is perspective correction, with lens
nonlinearity secondary, so the utility of saned profiles seems less
important to them, but I think one could make a set of profiles for
different lenses, focal lengths, etc., for straight on shots.

Moose