[OM] Re: (OT?) Back From Southwest Trip

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT?) Back From Southwest Trip
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:59:58 +1000
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> You sure that those aren't sheep? How high can they jump?

They can jump cattle-grids...but they also walk into trees
and go, mostly, still when I "shear" them, so the jury's
out. Monty's skull is definitely thicker. In fact, I think
it goes most of the way through.

They chase the sheep up at the hut*. I had to haul one out
from under deadwood that had got stuck while running away.
Probably would have stayed stock-still under there on
its back forever waiting for a haircut. It ran like
buggery once I put in back on its feet though.

(* The sheep are a small herd on-property, and the dogs
only chase them until I emit the usual blood-curdling
scream at them, so no worries about the dogs getting
off-property and me having to pay for some farmer's
ammunition. Maggie scared the hell out of Peter once
though, when he was sitting on the thunderbox down the
track with the door open and Maggie wanders around
and up to him, in her jaws a half-scalped sheep's head
with neck vertebrae still hanging out the bottom. I had
to reassure him that he would have heard, that there
wasn't time, that it'd still be warm, and there'd be a
lot more blood than that on her and it. Maggie was
very proud of herself though.)