[OM] IS-3 Test results now online

Subject: [OM] IS-3 Test results now online
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:48:19 -0700 (PDT)
www.image66media.com

Go to the Gallery.

I have refrained from making any comments about what I think is
best. I'll let you all make your own decisions.

You may be wondering why XP2 Super was used instead of a finer
grained film. This is about the only film I'm using anymore and
this test was to determine "real-world" capabilities. I used my
common settings and let both the camera and the scanner work in
"auto mode". I could have used Velvia, but the resolution
increase over XP2 is minimal and offset by lateral halation.

If you click on the mid-size image (800 pixel width), you'll see
the cropped 100% pixel version of that specific image. The 100%
pixel images (except for the full-frame shots) are saved at 100%
quality.

All images scanned at 4000dpi on the Nikon Coolscan V-ED, using
the latest version of Viewscan. No sharpening or noise-reduction
applied. The high-grain factor is more a result of the automated
single-pass batch scanning.

ken

http://mail.yahoo.com