[OM] Re: Macbook 1.83 Ghz first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: Macbook 1.83 Ghz first impressions
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 07:57:01 +1000
Ordered mine. Had to order direct from Apple to get the education
discount, while I still qualify for it (about 10-20%, depending on
product). Went the extra and bought a 2gig Pro 'cos it's cuter. My
present iBook is a 14"+ screen and I really didn't feel like going
backwards. Battery life worried me so I bought an extra one (it's
rated at only 4.5 hours compared to 6 hours for the smaller machines).
Then I thort, hell, I'm going to have to replace my desktop machine
next year anyway (G4 dual 533MHz) so I sprung for a 20" display as
well - my cousin uses his Powerbook as a desktop machine and I love
his Flat Apple. That saves me money next year. And space. And costs a
little time plugging and unplugging. Shame they don't have these cute
little docks they used to have for the early laptops.
The whole lot cost less than my 5D. Even after the cashback.
Waiting, waiting....

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx