[OM] Re: E1

Subject: [OM] Re: E1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 11:25:04 -0700
JOHN DUGGAN wrote:
>   Piers...Digital Depot (AP) are offering the kit, But I am not sure about
> the Quality of the
> 14-44 lens , I am just thinking through options at present.

Tests of several DZ lenses, including the 14-45 and 14-54 here
<http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/index.html>. They were very impressed
with the 14-45 for the price.

No real difference in resolution. Big differences are speed and more WA
distortion in the cheaper lens. It also has a bit more CA at WA.

If focus speed is important to you, I'd personally skip the E-1 with the
slower lens. It's not the quickest focuser on the block with a slow
lens, in my very limited experience. Others may have differing opinions.

Moose