[OM] Re: E1

Subject: [OM] Re: E1
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
> Happy with that AG.....Most of my shots are about A4...often
> "gritty" b+w....but I would like the
> flexability to go larger at times.

Can I share a little secret?

In almost every case, I get better enlargements from the E-1
than I ever did with 35mm.  Pure resolution of 35mm (scanned at
4000dpi or optical enlargement on B&W) will be a little better,
but in reality you'll never see it in the final print.  In fact,
the printed results have the marked "look and feel" of
medium-format.

I go up to 20x24 inches with my E-1 shots, but have now done a
couple 30x40 prints.  Not for the faint of heart, there. The
resolution definitely suffers at that size, but is still
comparable in overal image quality to 645.

However, and this is important, I use a pro lab to do my
high-end printing that has really high-quality scaling engines.
DIY prints aren't always as good. But this isn't necessarily the
fault of the files.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com